Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Wolves (Act 1 & 2)

After shopping for new jobs online and seeing jobs listed in Dublin, Chicago and Alabama, I think I am ready for a change. The idea, or fantasy, of moving somewhere else for a dream job and meeting new people feels optimistic and romantic. It might have something to do with how I view my current situation: a shit job, no girlfriend, no money. The good stuff is that I volunteer with the Humane Society, work out at an awesome gym, and have a few good friends. But these pro's seem to me to be things that can travel with me and are not mutually exclusive to Washington DC. There is a humane society in ever city (fortunately or unfortunately..however you look at it). There are gyms everywhere. My friends are and will be my friends no matter where I travel.

As for training, I started to realize that seeing while my head is in the water is fairly important and a good purchase will be goggles. After 15-20 minutes of swimming and stopping, I got a crippling calf cramp, causing me to finish my workout session. Luckily, this week I've made it to a cycling class almost every day and have tried a few other new classes like pilates and budokon. I have a long run with a friend tomorrow (sunday) so I'm looking forward to doing that.

The idea that just came to me is that it seems kinda stupid to keep a blog when I feel my life is boring. Ah well...you're reading it ;)

Here is a brief list of what I'm listening to:
The Hold Steady - Stay Positive
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever
My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges

No comments: